Before I explain the benefits of Custom Locks, let me explain the difference between custom locks and standard “Off the Shelf Locks”. When you walk into a big box hardware store and purchase a door lock or padlock, those are standard locks. When you contact a lock “Service Center like Locking Systems International, you get the opportunity to have the locks assembled to your exact specifications, these are custom locks.
When you purchase custom locks, you get the ability to determine the security level, decide if you want them keyed alike or keyed different and the number of keys you want cut. Once all of the options are considered “Our Assemblers” will put your order together using lock parts. One of the most important advantages is that we will registered the keys to you, meaning that you will have the only keys to open your locks. When you buy locks from big box stores the keys are very likely to repeated. This means that someone else will have the same keys that you do.
Benefits of Custom Locks:
- Choose the exact number of locks needed
- Do you want them keyed alike (one key opens all locks) or keyed different (each locks requires its own key to open)
- How many total keys
- Security level (this is directly related to price), the higher the security level the higher the price
- Registered key and lock codes
- Choose the finish of the door lock
- Master keying options (Master keying is where each lock has its own key with the master keys being able to open all locks). Master keying systems are usually registered.
The decision that you should make before you purchase a lock is “What are you trying to protect”. If you need a padlock for a storage shed where you keep your lawn mower, then buying that at a big box store would be acceptable. On the other hand, if you are buying a lock to put on the front door to your house then you should consider a custom lock; after all, you are protecting the most important thing you have, your family.
Custom locks give you choice and once you choose they are built to your specifications.