When you purchase custom locks, you get the ability to determine the security level, decide if you want them keyed alike or keyed different and the number of keys you want cut. Once all of the options are considered “Locking Systems International” assemblers will put your order together using OEM parts. One of the most important advantages is that the keys will be registered to you, meaning that you will have the only keys to open your locks. When you buy locks from big box stores the keys are very likely to repeat themselves. This means that someone else will have the same keys that you do.
Benefits of Custom Locks:
- Choose the exact number of locks needed
- Do you want them keyed alike (one key opens all locks) or keyed different (each locks requires its own key to open)
- How many total keys
- Security level (this is directly related to price), the higher the security level the higher the price
- Registered key and lock codes
- Choose the finish of your door lock
- Master keying options (Master keying is where each lock has its own key with the master keys being able to open all locks). Master keying systems are usually registered.
The choice that you make is convenience over security. It is very convenient to be able to walk into a big box store, choose your locks and leave and for some applications this is a very good choice.
The decision that you should make before you purchase a lock is “What are you trying to protect”. If you need a padlock for a storage shed where you keep your lawn mower, then buying at a big box store would be acceptable. On the other hand, if you are buying a lock to put on the front door to your house then you should consider a custom lock; after all, you are protecting the most important thing you have, your family.
Custom locks give you choice and once you choose they are built to your specifications.
Contact Locking Systems International and we will explain how Custom Locks can save your money and are a better security option.